ParsleyPistachio Rice Salad

A healthy, delicious and fresh rice salad for summer flavored with mint and parsley and a light lemon dressing.

Parsley-Pistachio Rice Salad Ingredients

  • cup basmati rice

  • 1 cup water

  • cup olive oil

  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

  • 1 teaspoon coarse grained mustard

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves

  • 2 tomatoes, diced

  • red bell pepper, seeded and diced

  • cup chopped pistachio nuts

  • cup chopped pitted kalamata olives

How to Make Parsley-Pistachio Rice Salad

  1. Combine the rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until rice has absorbed all of the water, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.

  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the rice, and stir in the parsley, mint, tomatoes, bell pepper, pistachios and olives.

Parsley-Pistachio Rice Salad Nutritions

  • Calories: 290.1 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 25.7 g

  • Cholesterol:

  • Fat: 19.8 g

  • Fiber: 2.3 g

  • Protein: 4.5 g

  • SaturatedFat: 2.7 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 195.1 mg

  • Sugar: 3 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Parsley-Pistachio Rice Salad Reviews

  • What a find This recipe is fantastic Im a fan of tabbouleh, and this recipe contains a lot of the ingredients found in that. My plan was to make this for my family, but I just proceeded to eat the entire bowl myself. I made it with plain, long-grain white rice (didnt have basmati). And next time I make it (which will be today), I think Ill omit the olives because as much as I love them, they tended to dominate (rather than compliment) the other flavors in the salad. Adding pistashio nuts is a stroke of genius Thanks for the great recipe

  • I made this recipe for a BBQ at our house this summer and my guests loved it so much I had to make a second batch I used tomatoes from my garden and the lemon, mint and parsley makes it so fresh-tasting The olives give it a nice saltiness and the pistachios are crunchy. Loved this recipe. Will definitely use it over and over again.

  • Good, but I would up the amount of pistachios because their flavor got lost in the mix.

  • I think it is the dressing that I did not like about this recipe. The ingredients are all spot on but the overall flavour did not impress me. Even my husband did not really enjoy this and he likes EVERYTHING.

  • This is good both cold as a salad and warm as a side dish. I think the mustard overshadows the mint, so I might do one or the other. Ill report back after I try it each way. Thanks for sharing

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.