Barb's Curried MangoAvocado Salad

Diced mango and avocado pair with a little lime, curry, and onion to make a great side dish for a barbecue. I brought a huge bowl of this to a small party, and it was devoured. You can also dice the ingredients finer to make a nice salsa-style dip.

Barb's Curried Mango-Avocado Salad Ingredients

  • 4 mangos - peeled, seeded and diced

  • 4 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced

  • 2 tablespoons minced red onion

  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

  • 1 teaspoon curry powder

How to Make Barb's Curried Mango-Avocado Salad

  1. Toss together the mango, avocado, onion, lime juice, and curry powder in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

Barb's Curried Mango-Avocado Salad Nutritions

  • Calories: 230 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 26.6 g

  • Cholesterol:

  • Fat: 15.1 g

  • Fiber: 8.7 g

  • Protein: 2.6 g

  • SaturatedFat: 2.2 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 9.3 mg

  • Sugar: 16.1 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Barb's Curried Mango-Avocado Salad Reviews

  • Yum Im not a big curry fan, but this was awesome Great flavor combinations- very smooth texture- we had it as a side with enchiladas and rice, but I was envisioning many other ways to eat it- itd be a great dip for quesadillas if you mashed it, great on chips, awesome on hot rice.... Thanks

  • I was hesitant in trying this because Im not a big curry fan, but I love the rest of the ingredients. I made exactly as the recipe says and it tasted just as I thought it would, too much curry. With this said, I would like to add, it is definatly worth trying, but next time I make it I will cut back on the curry to 1/4 tsp. I put some on garlic flatbread with turkey, lettuce, tomato and sprouts which helped the curry taste. thank you so much for a light and refreshing summertime treat.

  • Flavorful, but I thought it needed some salt.

  • Delicious The combination of flavors was absolutely wonderful. The amount of curry was perfect for me. The only change I made was to use 2 green onions instead of the red onion. A very unique and healthy recipe - perfect for mango season

  • It was a smash hit. Used both as a salad and with 2 types of tortilla chips - one type with a int of jalapeno and one type with lime Scaled it up to serve 10 and layered ingredients rather than tossing. Added lime juice at end. Used proportional with slightly less curry.

  • Very good and simple recipe. Thank you

  • Made this as a side with tamales and enchiladas for dinner. It was a nice replacement for guacamole. I did add flaked salt and fresh cracked pepper to just season it a bit more, but think it would be fine without.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.