Tahini Chicken

The key ingredient, tahini, is a sesame paste available in Asian stores, but recently has been seen in major grocery chains. It tastes like a mix of Asian and Mediterranean, close to a peanut sauce satay but made from sesame. Its quick, tasty, and out of the ordinary. Serve over couscous or noodles.

Tahini Chicken Ingredients

  • cup water

  • 1 cube chicken bouillon

  • cup tahini (sesame paste)

  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce

  • 1 tablespoon honey

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger

  • 2 teaspoons butter, or as needed

  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes, or more to taste

  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed

  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, or as desired

How to Make Tahini Chicken

  1. Bring water and bouillon cube to a boil in a pot until bouillon is dissolved; decrease heat to low. Whisk tahini, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger into bouillon mixture until smooth. Keep sauce warm over low heat.

  2. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes.

  3. Whisk flour into tahini sauce until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked chicken to tahini sauce and toss to coat.

Tahini Chicken Nutritions

  • Calories: 423.7 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 23.9 g

  • Cholesterol: 76.9 mg

  • Fat: 22.4 g

  • Fiber: 3.4 g

  • Protein: 33.9 g

  • SaturatedFat: 5.3 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 1618.6 mg

  • Sugar: 9.1 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Tahini Chicken Reviews

  • CASSANDRE - why dont you just put up your own recipe? What you have done is completely different from what the original author submitted And your version sounds terrible, BTW. This is so aggravating with this site. Dont review recipes if you HAVE NOT actually made THIS recipe. Nuff said.

  • Simply delicious It was so good my siblings finished the tahini sauce with their spoons. I just changed a few things to suit my tastes :Marinate chicken with 2 tsp tahini and 3-4 drops of lemon juice for 3 hours in the fridge.Bring cup + 2 tbsp water and half of a Maggis heart vegetable broth (Coeur de bouillon Lgumes, Maggi) to a boil over medium-high heat.On low heat, whisk in tahini, soy sauce, 1 large clove of garlic and ginger. (I skipped honey, but still delicious.) Then, add 2 tsp of Tipiak Fcule de Cuisine (a mix of potato and manioc starches) and cook on very low heat for 4-5 minutes.Just before serving, cook the chicken on low heat in a non-stick frypan without butter or fat : the oil in tahini and the low heat will avoid the chicken to stick and it will cook slowly to keep the meat very tender and juicy.

  • This was surprisingly good I altered it somewhat. I added a yellow bell pepper and an onion. Sauted them with the minced garlic and then added the water and the bouillon. Then I added the tahini, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame seeds, and pepper. I also added some cashew butter and thai chili paste which added a nice kick and enhanced the flavor of the sauce. I added the chicken and some froze broccoli florets last so that it would not be overcooked and it would take on flavor from the sauce. I did not add the flour at all because the sauce was already thick. In fact, I had to add some additional chicken stock to thin it out. Served it with rice. Overall, though, really great

  • Made no changes but did double it. My kids and I loved it and we all had seconds (which is against my diet but it couldnt be helped). I hardly ever make the same thing twice but this one is going on a rotation I served it over rice and we had baked yellow squash also. Would be great with broccoli and other veggies added in.

  • Really delicious, quick, and easy I only had powdered ginger and tastes just great

  • I increased the garlic to two cloves and thickened with 1 tablespoon corn starch instead of flour. If I were to repeat I would add chopped pimentos for color and whole cashews for texture. My household thought that this dish was so-so.

  • I wish that there was a 4 1/2 stars, but Im rounding up. Anyway I really liked this, but felt that the sauce came out sort of... thick. Maybe thats my fault? I had kept the tahini in the fridge and it was a little thick, so Id suggest that if you are using tahini let it get to room temperature. Anyway, it was really tasty, with a nice hint of sweetness. I used a pound of chicken tenderloins and it worked out well. I used vegetable broth instead of a bouillon cube, and didnt use any sesame seeds because I didnt have any :) I didnt use any rice or noodles or anything -- instead, I served it with some sauteed dark leafy greens (an "Asian" blend with bok choy, kale, chard, etc) that Id sauteed in a peanut oil blend with some more of the fresh ginger. I think it worked well together as a fairly healthy meal.

  • This is one of our favorite meals and its so easy to make. The recipe is perfect the way it is.

  • Fantastic I added coriander, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, and cloves to the pan cooking the chicken. I substituted pancake mix for the flour I did not have for the sauce. I served it with cooked gold beets in a pita topped with cilantro. So delicious

  • Fantastic Real quick and tasty recipe.

  • This is delicious I love garlic so I added some extra cloves.

  • Great weeknight meal. Very tasty and easy

  • Totally delicious

  • My family wasnt as crazy about this meal as I expected them to be, but Id still recommend giving this recipe a try. The sauce is delicious, and the whole recipe is easy to adjust with your familys preferences in mind.For us, there was a bit too much sauce for the amount of chicken. It was also a bit bland and had a texture that didnt go over well. Next time, Ill use less flour so that the sauce can be drizzled across the browned chicken and some veggies in a flat bread wrap. I might also blend in a touch of spice (e.g. chili or paprika) to give the sauce just a tad more depth.

  • I agree with the author of the recipe that this is an out of the ordinary flavor with the tahini as the main flavor. I tweaked it a tiny bit, to adjust to what I know my family likes (we love ginger, so I added more, and I used a bit more soy sauce than written). We toasted a good handful of sesame seeds and sprinkled on top just before serving, as well as a sprinkle of sliced green onions (mostly for the pop of color and fresh taste). We were getting tired of eating the same old things on rotation, and this perked up our taste buds just perfectly. Oh, and my 9 year old loved it, which is a bonus when kids will eat the same meal as the adults Sorry, one more thing... we served over couscous but I actually think next time I would prefer it with rice.

  • Made it just how the recipe said to and it turned out great

  • Oh wow, was disappointed in this recipe. I had everything on hand, made it according to the recipe and felt it was blah. We do many recipes with tahini and like it very much, so that wasnt the issue. My husband said it was "edible" which isnt a ringing endorsement. I just didnt see how this sauce went with chicken. I think it would be better just on rice or some other grain. We added red pepper flakes after the fact to give it more flavor, but that didnt help much. Would not make again, although I really had high hopes for this one. Sorry

  • I have made this 2x since finding the recipe. I have this jar of tahini that I was trying to use up This recipe was a perfect solution. I love feeling like I am cooking outside of my usual comfort zone with this. Creamy and yummy served over rice and with a solid veggie side. I will keep watching for new ways other cooks have added a twist to this base recipe.

  • I love this recipe and its become part of my repertoire. I usually end up adding more honey. I serve it with quinoa and its very good. The nuttiness of the quinoa goes very nicely with the nuttiness of the sauce. Tips: At first, when you put the tahini with the other sauce ingredients, it doesnt look like its going to mix right at all. Stir it with a whisk for a bit, and then as you slowly cook the sauce-over very low heat, Ive found-the whole sauce comes together very nicely. And the flavors meld as youre cooking the chicken. Like I said, I usually add more honey because the soy sauce makes it a little too salty. But when you balance it with more honey its good. Re. fresh ginger, dont be afraid to buy it even if youve never used it before. Its weird-looking but trust me. The flavor is NOTHING like dried ground ginger. Peel some of the ginger root with a vegetable peeler-dont cut it off the "hand" of ginger-just peel some and cut that part off and chop it. Put the rest of the ginger in a ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer almost indefinitely. Tahini keeps forever in the cupboard too.

  • Easy and absolutely delicious. I had some sliced mushrooms I wanted to use up so I sauted them with the chicken but it would have been amazing anyway. I also used powdered ginger

  • Both my son and I loved this, two changes , I used olive oil instead of butter and chickpea flour instead of normal flour, I served it with cauliflower, peas on a bed of Quinoa.

  • This was very good I was skeptical since this recipe looked kinda plain, I followed someones tip and marinated the chicken with half lime and tahini, I used corn starch instead flour, I added half of the ginger, at the end added some coliflower, yellow carrots and broccoli because I wanted to add some color and texture and added some salt and pepper to taste, I loved it

  • Fabulous Ive used Allrecipes for years... and this recipe inspired me to review for the first time. I decided to try this, wanting to use up my tahini. Thanks to other reviewers for additional ideas. I served this tahini chicken over rice and served with a tomato, cucumber, red onion, balsamic vinegarette salad. For the sauce, I added a chopped white onion, extra garlic and ginger, some lemon juice, and extra pimentos that were hanging out in my fridge. For the chicken, I leveraged another reviewers ideas and cooked with coriander and pepper. I served with a slice of lime, green onions, cilantro, and a dab of garlic chili paste (sambal oloek). My family devoured it Thanks

  • This is simply awesome It is very easy The chicken marinated in tahini browns up so beautifully with the Oil from the tahini. I used just a touch of sesame oil and also made again using shrimp. I have served it with rice and I have turned it into a pad Thai version with rice noodles. Cant say enough about how good and versatile this recipe is Very open to interpretation too Its staying in my cooking repertoire

  • My husband and I enjoyed this recipe. Next time I will omit the flour, sauce was thick enough without it. I didnt have fresh ginger so used dried instead. I topped with toasted pine nuts since I didnt have sesame seeds. We served with hummus, and a salad of diced fresh tomatoes, chopped parsley, purple onion in a balsamic and olive oil dressing. Next time I will try over couscous and add some cayenne like other reviewers mentioned. Very tasty.

  • Use 1 T corn starch instead of flour for gluten free thickener. Can use fried tofu instead of chicken

  • Easy and great flavor. We had it with rice and steamed carrots.

  • Topped it off with some chopped fresh jalapeo, peanuts, and cilantro.... yummy.

  • Pretty good My first time cooking with tahini. I put it on top of a quinoa tabbouleh salad and it was pretty good

  • I made no changes. Hubby loved it. Its wonderful to have another use for tahini aside from humus.

  • This is amazing I love garlic so I used a ton, but regardless this is so delicious I will be making it again and again

  • Ive made this several times, its a recipe that tastes like you spent hours making it. I use Whole Foods general tsos chicken chunks instead of actual chicken and vegetarian chicken bouillon. I increase the water to 1 c., add a pinch of ground red pepper and omit the flour. I simmer the finished dish uncovered until the sauce thickens on its own. I serve this over plain rice that Ive added some cooked mushrooms and a handful of chopped cashews to. Thank you

  • Made recipe today. The sauce is delicious and was so easy to make. I didnt even have to add flour as it thickened on warm while the chicken was cooking. One addition I made was to add mushrooms to the chicken. I will definitely make again

  • Looked for this recipe to use up Tahini which I dont use very often. Used all ingredients, cooked chicken separately then combined with tahini sauce....honestly I found it terrible If it needs thickening at all (it doesnt) how about corn starch? Cant even describe the taste, it was kind of sweet-sour but neither sweet nor sour (I gave it a tich more honey because I like a little sweet). Served with mixed rice, zucchini & mushrooms. Rarely do I find something I cant eat:-(

  • 4 21 17 ... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237303/tahini-chicken/ ... Never had tahini chicken until now. Maybe Im just not a fan of it. I like tahini though. I subbed homemade chicken broth, 3/4c; & 3/4t dried ginger. Maybe Ill like it better tomorrow. Seems kinda bland; not bad, just bland. Next day: I do like it better. The ginger flavor developed. Maybe a little sesame oil would be a good idea.

  • Super fast and delicious recipe

  • Simple and delicious I would add a little more ginger next time, and maybe a few drops of chili oil or something. My husband loved it, and the leftovers the second day were just as good

  • I picked up tahini sauce from a South Asian supermarket in my neighborhood and thought Id give this recipe a try. Oh how wonderful the blend of garlic, ginger and sesame came together in the sauce. I doubled the recipe and my husband and kids loved it the first night and were thrilled we had leftovers for the next night.

  • I thought this recipe was delicious Simple, quick and tasty I decided last minute to make rice but it wouldve only taken the estimated 10 minutes to cook had I only made the chicken and sauce.

  • Very good and simple to make. I would suggest a lot less flour, 2 tablespoons have the consistency of dough.

  • Was very good but per family review - a little bland.

  • I made no changes to ingredients besides subbing out chicken broth for the water, and we did not care for this dish. There just wasnt any flavor to the sauce and we ended up drowning it in soy sauce to get it to taste ok.

  • This is a really good dish and will definitely make it again. I did make changes but before you get mad, nothing that really alters the flavor. I have a person with Celiac in my family so had to take out the bouillon cube and flour and use gluten free soy sauce. I used 1 cup of chicken broth for bouillon and instead of the flour, I made a slurry with 2 TB of cornstarch with 2 TB of gluten free soy sauce. Everything else was to the recipe. I took one star off because I will try it next time with a little more soy sauce and a little less ginger. Thats just my taste though, its good as is too.

  • This was delicious - one of my favorite chicken meals now

  • Quick and easy. I didnt have honey, so substituted with sugar. Next time I will try with a bit of brown sugar (I dont use honey for anything else). I made my own tahini from a recipe here: roasted sesame seeds pulsed in a food processor or blender with olive oil. My husband found it a bit bland (hence the 4 stars) Next time I might try a couple of hot peppers, or a jalepeno, chopped fine.

  • This was a fantastic quick main dish I didnt have fresh ginger, so I used ground. It still tasted great I will definitely make this again It went very well over basmati rice. And I served a green salad with it. My husband and daughter loved it too

  • Great dish just as the recipe is.

  • This was great with some veggies added. Thanks

  • For my 1st time it tastes great. I didnt use the flour bc I dont like thick sauce. Thank you for the recipe

  • Excellent tahini sauce with bold, savory mix of spices. The chicken dish was wonderful and I served it with udon noodles. I will make it again and again. It will definitely be on my list of dishes for dinner with friends.

  • WOW - Everyone loved it It was really delicious and not hard to make. I followed the recipe, except I used 3 chicken breasts instead of 2 because I didnt think 2 would be enough for us. Will definitely make again - thanks for sharing this recipe

  • This was delightfully tasty, and pretty quick and easy to make for a novice like me. The hardest part was finding Tahini, which I ended up ordering a big jar of off Amazon. But that jar will go to good use--Ill definitely be making this again

  • Delicious great over coconut rice. garnish with cilantro

  • Very delicious I doubled the recipe and served over spagehetti squash to reduce calories of dish.

  • Absolutely amazing; instant favorite and will be making regularly now

  • Turned out really bland for some reason and I used the exact ingredients except I did add some red bell pepper. The only other thing I did different was I through it all in the crockpot. Probably wont be making this again.

  • I didnt take a picture and i did folllow the directions but i used thighs instead i never used the tahini stuff before ,,,maybe ill try it again someday

  • So gross we couldnt even eat it....

  • I purchased Lidls Tahini PasteI loved making the sauce, I didnt have garlic but it still turned out amazingly delicious The chicken I used was breast filets perfect for a quick meal

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.