Curried Meatloaf

This recipe makes 6 individual loaves, but can also be made as one larger loaf. Serve with cucumber salad or raita.

Curried Meatloaf Ingredients

  • 1? pounds ground beef

  • cup quick cooking oats

  • cup chopped onion

  • cup chopped, peeled apple

  • ? cup raisins

  • ? cup finely chopped peanuts

  • ? cup ketchup

  • 1 egg

  • 2? teaspoons curry powder

  • 1?? teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • 1? teaspoons salt

How to Make Curried Meatloaf

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground beef, oats, onion, apple, raisins, peanuts, ketchup, egg, curry powder, cinnamon, and salt. Shape to form six 4x2 inch loaves. Place in a large shallow pan.

  3. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.

Curried Meatloaf Nutritions

  • Calories: 502.5 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 22.2 g

  • Cholesterol: 127.5 mg

  • Fat: 35.9 g

  • Fiber: 3.1 g

  • Protein: 23.9 g

  • SaturatedFat: 13.2 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 724.8 mg

  • Sugar: 10.3 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Curried Meatloaf Reviews

  • My wife and I couldnt even eat this, and we both like Indian food. The ingredients would be (and have been) fine for a chicken recipe, but with ground beef the taste was pretty darn bad. After wasting over a pound of meat, we had to resort to popping some Ellios frozen pizza in the oven so we hadnt upped the gas bill for nothing. Now we know: Never try to incorporate Eastern ingredients with ground beef. Its an awkward combo. If youre thinking of making this, keep one thing in mind: peanuts in your hamburger.

  • My family loves this recipe. I omit the nuts, often substitute chopped prunes for raisins and often add some grated carrot. I reduce the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp and increase the curry to 3 tsp. The best addition though is glazing the loaf or loaves with a sweet mango chutney. I prefer to make the loaf into indivdual patties and brush each one with chutney. I bake on a lined cookie sheet

  • A phenomenal idea that needed some touching up. I added half an onion, diced, two cloves garlic, diced, made my own italian spice mix, doubled the called for curry and added a teaspoon of mustard powder. I also did not bother with all of the aluminum foil action, which may or may not be worth it, I cant say. All in all - Amazing.

  • I wanted something different, but this was even Better than I had hoped for Its not too strong with the curry, in fact, next time I will try adding a little more with the brand I got (it varies by brand). What little leftovers we had were even better the next day The nuts and raisins are a must Thank you

  • The flavor was great. I chopped half of the peanuts and broke to rest into halves. The whole halves gave it a nice crunch. The loaves were very most inside but a little hard or dry on top. The next day I made a glaze for the tops of the left over loaves. Staying with the flavors in the recipe, I melted a 1/4c. apricot preserves (I did not have apple) with 1t of peanut butter, 1t ketchup, curry and garlic powder to taste. When reheated with the glaze, the top was nice and soft. Next time I will add the glaze to the top during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Will definelty make this again.

  • This was really good. The apple and raisins added a hint of sweetness without making it truly sweet. The curry combines with the fruit to give it a very Mediterranean/Mid-Eastern flavor. It really reminds me of Georgian food. In fact, I think I may try it next time with walnuts in place of the peanuts and khmeli-suneli (Georgian spice blend) in place of the curry, but its excellent just as it is.

  • Great recipe. I followed all the measurements and cooking time, and it came out perfect. It goes nicely with Sweet Potato Fries. I omitted the peanuts and it still turned out good.

  • Made this for my family when they were visiting. everyone absolutely raved about it. definitely better than traditional meatloaf. nice mixture of savory and sweet.

  • I decided to try this as a little change from "traditional" meatloaf. It was delicious. The flavors all melded together nicely. It wasnt terribly spicy, but my family doesnt go for heavily-spiced food, so they loved it.

  • Loved this recipe & it was so easy to make I cut back on the chopped peanuts but will put the recommended amount next time. I might also add a little more curry or purchase a different curry because I didnt notice that taste too much.

  • This was an outstanding dish. No need to modify anything - just prepare as described and you will not be disappointed. Anyone giving this a bad review either does not like curry, or did something wrong.

  • This was superYUM i didnt have any raisins on hand but delish just the same. i recommend it for sure.

  • Just the untraditional meatloaf recipe I was searching for I added in minced g. peppers, carrots, mushroom, and garlic & ground mustard. I used slightly less onion and more curry. Thanks for thinking outside the loaf

  • This was really tasty. The cinnamon was what made it. I was interrupted when making this and didnt put in the ketchup or peanuts. It was still wonderful and very different. It seemed, though, like it was begging to be shaped into meatballs instead of mini-loaves that didnt turn out to be very attractive looking.

  • Omitted oats and egg and had it like a stew. Awesome Works with frozen mango chunks too. Also used other nuts like cashews (num) or pecans (also num)

  • Wonderful I use 1/2 lb. pork and 1 lb. ground beef when I make mine for a little change. Either way is wonderful

  • I agree with another reviewer....I would never have thought of putting these ingredients together but REALLY liked this....I added extra nuts, raisins, and curry powder.

  • Freaking awesome, no other way to put it. We made it with turkey and the leftovers are even better.

  • We made some changes according to what was in our cupboard (no apples but we did add some garlic and diced tomato and green chile and reduced the ketchup). Great recipe even for me who is a very simple, unpracticed cook

  • This recipe was surprisingly good. I wasnt sure about the combination of curry and meatloaf, but it was great I used ground turkey, and that worked well. I also added extra curry powder.

  • We love Indian food, but we didnt care for this at all. The flavors just didnt mesh well and it was a very dry, almost rubbery finished product. We ate it the first night, but threw out the leftovers the next day. Made me hurt to throw out a nice sized meatloaf. Wont make again.

  • This recipe is UNBELIEVABLE You dont need any sort of gravy with it, the flavors blend together so nicely, its perfect by itself. Paired with a baked potato and some mixed veggies, its a delicious dinner

  • I loved it I didnt have any peanuts to put in, but it was awesome Thanks.

  • The flavors were interesting, but I thought this was a bit dry. Perhaps I had a heavy hand with the oats. The only change I made was to use some curry ketchup I had on hand. I wished Id added cilantro. I liked serving it with mango chutney. If I made this again, I think I would use ground turkey or chicken to make the other flavors more pronounced.

  • Yum its even good without the curry powder.

  • This was kind of weird. I didnt like the idea of ground beef, so I used ground turkey and left out the onion. My husband and I both thought it was okay, but for some reason the thought of eating the leftovers was nasty, and we threw it away. Wont make again, but the thought is appreciated

  • This is a keeper. I substitued chopped walnuts.

  • This is such a great recipe Ive made it a few times now with various changes depending on what I had on hand and its been delicious every time. As some reviewers suggested Ive tried adding some crushed garlic and grated carrot. Ive also added a glaze of mango chutney prior to baking which really added to the flavour. Ive made it with pork as well and I usually omit the peanuts. It is such a wonderful, versatile recipe. Thanks

  • This has become a family favorite I omit the raisins and bake mini-meatloaves in a muffin tin. Yum

  • So I used this recipe as a starter, but never had any intention to use beef or peanuts. Using ground turkey, and modifying a few things, this came out killer. Increased the curry as others stated, and added 2 healthy shakes of cumin, and subbed dried cranberry for raisins - and then to make this more low-glycemic/pre-diabetic friendly, I subbed the oats for some hull-less barley, which I cooked for 20 minutes in some bone broth before adding it to the mixture. On a hunch, I included just a little bit of the bone broth too, so when I put the mixture into the mini-loaf pan, it was on the soupy side (meaning I didnt form it into little loaves, just scooped it into the pan.) I knew it was going to be awesome as soon as I added the warm barley and broth, and it hit the curry and cumin, because the aroma at that point was just heavenly. I wasnt wrong. It came out perfectly cooked and moist. As an idea recipe it was perfect for modifying, and Im adding it to my low-glycemic rotation of recipes, serving a side of veggies or sweet potato (baked) fries also. Thank you

  • This was a great alternative to traditional meatloaf. I made the recipe exactly as is, except for replacing the beef with ground turkey because I dont eat beef. I wasnt in the mood for the traditional meatloaf and this was healthier but still flavorful.

  • We really enjoyed this I used ground turkey instead of beef, green onions, walnuts instead of peanuts (because i didnt have peanuts), and try trader joes curry powder because I think it is more strong in flavor than others that Ive tried.

  • I loved this recipe. I never would have thought to pair these ingredients, but they work very well together. I felt this recipe could use just a little more curry. However, I really like a lot of curry

  • Mighty good.

  • This was excellent. What a pleasant surprise. I was a little suspicious considering the ingredient list but I followed the recipe to the letter and it was delicious

  • Taste great Easy to make Delicious My boyfriend loves it

  • Loved it My favorite meatloaf. I love cooking this for new ppl. They are always so skeptical and then fall in love after the first bite:)

  • Very different and very tasty. I replaced the raisins with dried apricots and the peanuts with walnuts. Served with a Pineapple mango chutney.

  • This turned out so well. I made a few modifications and it was still perfect I will make it again

  • Excellent.

  • I made this as written. It came out very flavorful. A very different meat loaf. I did have to cook it way longer than the recipe called for, though, and my oven usually cooks things quicker than other ovens.

  • Big success with the family. I didnt have peanut so I used wallnuts. Perfect

  • Instead of chopped apples and cinnamon, I used a cup of apple butter. Also, used onion powder and omitted the raisins. So far my kids and husband love this recipe. Its a keeper

  • I got this recipe years ago in the LA Times food section. Its amazing I use ground turkey & you cannot taste the difference.

  • Awesome recipe I had to cook mine for 40 minutes though.We had some basmati rice on the side and I garnished it with some fresh corianderYum..Yum

  • This is good I was happy when I saw the ingredients since I got them all in my kitchen. And the result was not disappointing.

  • This is good, I dont have the other meatloaf ingredients so I was so happy to try this one. Not disappointed at allSince my kids are not too crazy with spices, I cut down to round numbers for the cinnamon and curry powder (mild). And I did not use peanuts, but it still turned out really good.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.